Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The beginning a little late, but better than never.

Last Days in the Lab

So, this was me days before leaving for Southeast Asia. I was frantically trying to finish up experiments for my thesis and eventually finished. I finished my thesis at 8pm, said goodbye to friends, and left for the airport at 4am. The beginnings of my flights were a little bumpy but I arrived in one piece in Bangkok and was ridiculously glad to see Coe at the airport. Being my first time in Thailand, I was pretty scared and had no idea what to expect, except for the worst. Bangkok was bustling but I got a little acclimated before Coe and I left for Burma. We arrived in Yangon and made the decision to fly to Inle Lake because time was short. Our flight was bumpy to say the least and I am not someone who is usually scared of flying. But I feared a little for my life when the plane had speed wobbles at take off, in the air, and during landing (the scariest point for me). Anyone who skates will know that the second you start getting speed wobbles you're probably gonna stack (fall). It's an unsettling feeling when your plane gets into this same rhythm. 

Coe is pointing out how reliable and safe the airline is. This is reassured by their slogan "Air Mandalay- Safety, Reliability, and Comfort"
 

1 comment:

  1. Bert, this is Alonzo visiting S.C. dropping off my dad. I am looking and WOWing at your blog and glad to here all the adventures you and Anya are having in your Asian immersion travels. Be Safe and let us know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete