Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fast Forward- Thailand and Cambodia 2

Anya and I went to the Full Moon Party of Ko Pangan after Ko Lanta. It was a crazy party leading up and through the full moon party. But after going to Burning Man I had been spoiled by a feeling that the full moon party poorly tried to recreate. We had a blast but were happy to get going to Cambodia. After a layover in Bankok Anya and I made our way to Siem Reap, Cambodia. We made some friends with whom we spent our entire time with in Siem Reap. We inspired each other to wake up for sunrise over Angkor Wat.

Sunrise with new, close friends.
Kalle, David, and not in the picture Dan all celebrated my birthday with me. They secretly bought a cake and brought it to our regular bar. It went silent at the bar while we were drinking beers and then everyone at the bar started singing happy birthday. It was one of the best birthday presents anyone has ever given me. To make new friends and see them do something so special showed me how open and warm hearted people can really be. It also turns out that Kalle was from practically the same town as I was born in Germany.

Watching the sunset with friends at a secluded Wat.

The skulls from victims of the Khmer Rouge. At the Killing Fields of Phnom Penh.

The Royal Palace in Phnom Penh.
Anya and I left to Phnom Penh where we did some sight seeing. My fondest memories, outside of the depressing tributes to the horrors of the Khmer Rouge, were riding Go-Karts at 60 km/hr and shooting an M-18. We departed for India after Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment